View our blog posts; Ve nuestro blog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Response to Callejón

Dear Ms. Cano,

I'm writing this letter to congratulate you on the triumph of Callejón, which I had the pleasure of seeing Sunday, June 14 at Langston Hughes Performing Arts Center.

Callejón was theater at its best – challenging, educational, inspirational – and, at the same time, luxuriously entertaining. It provided the excellence I crave and gave me the chance to see a world class performance in my neighborhood.

Luis Sandovál is an international treasure. By creating a project in which local artists had the opportunity to perform with Teatro del Milenio of Lima, you enriched and enlarged our community.

We now know the kind of magic that is possible when artists and organizations take risks. Thank you for AFrican ConeXion and the magic of your vision.

With gratitude and admiration,
Nancy Rawles
(Author of "My Jim")

No comments:

Post a Comment